Saturday, August 1, 2009

What's for Dinner?

My answer to that on Tuesday was "Ask Gunner"


For scouts this week he was suppose to make a menu for the week, shop for the needed ingredients and prepare a meal.


On a normal week we each pick a meal for during the week, then Saturday is either out to eat or something easy like pancakes and Sunday we usually eat at my parents house.

Then I put it on the cute menu board I made with my craft group
and it is a quick reference to what to get out of the freezer and whats for dinner. (Seriously, they never ask any more, they know to just look at the board)

So when Gunner got to plan the meals for the week,(on the menu board is what he picked) it really was a treat and Gavin was mad and said when he became a scout he gets to pick all the meals too!

Then on Tuesday he cooked for us all. Here is what he made.

Chicken Patty sandwiches, baked beans (one of his favorites)and kool aid.

I was not allowed in the kitchen. He very much wanted to do it all on his own! He even dished everyones up for them.

I have to say this meal is not one I am particularly fond of, but that night I ate it all!

No comments: