Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A camping we wil go!

It's august, time for the annual boys trip to Rob's. Only this year us girls decided to crash! But rather than stay up the mountain, we decided to stay at otter Creek Reservoir and just go up the mountain for the day. I was thinking it had been about 3 years since I have been there. But after talking to my BIL, Johnny, I realize it is more like 6 years.
I remember very specifically why I stopped going. I had the two babies, Gunner and Gavin, was expecting Taya. It rained the ENTIRE time we were there. So between the fussy babies, sore back and freezing cold all cramped in a tent. I swore I was done going. But I missed it and Taya kept asking to go, so off we all went.
On the ride there.

This is what Gavin wrote during the car ride.

I took some really great pictures, but I don't have many to show. I knew I needed to take pictures of Levi and Bella for Lyndsy. Plus my own. But when Teisha and Johnny got there, they had the nicest camera. So I pretty much took over there camera, much like a two year old steals the shiniest toy from her playmate! And just took a whole bunch of pictures with their camera. So now I am waiting to get a CD in the mail from Teisha with all the nice pictures! In the meantime, here are a few I took with my camera.



I forgot how beautiful and peaceful it is at Rob's. I really enjoyed just sitting on a chair watching the lake and listening to the trees.



Cory and the boys rode a 4 wheeler up. Levi and Bella rode one up too. Taya was going to ride with them. She got about a 100 yards and then FREAKED out! She hated riding on it. So she ended up riding in the truck with dad, Johnny and I.



Levi caught a couple of really nice sized fish. Dad caught a few. Johnny and Gunner mainly just got teased by the fish. And Cory lost interest in fishing after abut 45 minutes. But the best was Gavin! He got a fish on his line and just like a true fishermen, he reeled it in all by himself! The fish probably was a little on the small side and should have gone back in, but there was no way he was going to put it back!!

Here is Gavin's take on the fishing that he wrote the next morning.



On the way home, dirty and tired, but I know they had fun!

No comments: