Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Days

I am currently unemployed. But I figure if I am unemployed, and home with my kids, we may as well have some fun and do a few things that we normally don't have time for. And even if we can't make the bills next month, at least we could say we had some good times!
So Gunner and I have been working on his Bear badge. He turns 10 next month and will "graduate" into Weblos, but it would be nice if he had his badge before he went in.
I have also been looking for free activities (going back to that whole unemployed thing!) that I could do with the kids.
So I looked up art museums online and found out there is one on BYU campus, that is free. Perfect, it would fill an afternoon and help pass off some of Gunners scouting.
I was a little unsure how this would go, Gavin can be a little rambunctious (that is putting it nicely!) so I took Star with me to.
I was surprised how much they enjoyed it. And I was surprised how big the museum was! It was really neat! But the best part came when we went to the lower level.

Walter Wick's art work was on display.
He is the Creator of the Can you See What I See books. Gunner has loved these books since he was two. There is a little yellow and red bead like man that is hidden somewhere in every picture of the books. When Gunner was little and first getting into these books, he thought that was him. So as Taya and Gavin have gotten into the books, we have always called the little guy Gunner.
When we got to the lower level and found this display, the kids went from picture to picture saying "I found Gunner".

I had to explain it to Starlee, I think she got it.


Here is Gunner posing with the little bean guy. And in case you are looking at this picture and think who beat that poor kid up? He crashed his bike the day before. Banged up his face, shoulder and ankle pretty bad!



Definitely a good trip! Now back to job hunting!

1 comment:

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

looks like the museum was fun! i need to take bell there. I am all about the free educational but fun trips! we should take all the kids up to gateway to their fountains and be white trash and let them run through. don't they have a children's museum?