Saturday, June 6, 2009

Mom!

Okay I can't really just ditto Lydnsy's list. I am feeling refreshed and relaxed to this ones for you mom/nana (the kids are helping) 49 facts and reasons (even though she claims to be 29) why we love you!



1. Every Sunday she makes homemade rolls just for Taya.
2. She has fabulously huge curly black hair.
3. She loves everyone of her kids (in laws, grand, whatever!)the same.
4. She was a lunch lady.
5. Anything blingy, sparkly or just plain gaudy will get her attention.
6. Nana dimples!
7. Give her a Pepsi and you'll be her friend for life!
8. She has 4 children(me, Levi, Teisha and Starlee..
9. 3 "adopted" children, Cory, Lyndsy, Johnny...
10. 8 grandchildren, Shaylee Gunner, Gavin, Taya, Bella, Arbor, Paislee and Kailia.
11. She broke her ankle..trust me it wasn't graceful!
12. She has been married 31 years to the love of her life, my dad Kevin.
13. When we were little we each thought we were her favorite kid, cause she would tell us we were and tell us not to tell the other kids. It wasn't until we were adults, that we discovered she said that to all of us!
14. The naked boy song.
15. Cinnamon rolls.
16. She is a great cook!
17. She was adopted at the age of 5 by Marion & LaRae Allen.
18. She was raised by them on a little farm in Kingston Utah.
19. She attended Pleasant Grove High School (go Vikings!)
20. She loves the color red.
21. She love vintage costume jewelry.
22. When I told her I was pregnant, at barely 18. The first thing she said was "don't marry him if you don't love him... being pregnant is not a reason to get married!" You have to be one clear headed parent to say that!
23. She pulled mine & Cory's wedding together in just over a month.
24. She is the florist at the PG Maceys.
25. She is known there for her touch of bling the corsages she makes.
26. She has a great sense of humor.
27. I admire the relationship she has with my dad. Like I said 31 years of marriage, and they still make out!
28. She LOVES DI. And has a gift of seeing the potential in what may seem like junk.
29. Butternut squash soup.
30. At Christmas we all looked forward to our stockings the most, because we knew they would be awesome...thanks to her!
31. She let me cry on her after Shaylee, for many months.
32. Shopping moms pantry.
33. She is a closet Cher fan.
34. When ever one of us has a birthday, she lets us choose dinner. She has even made grilled hamburgers in February.
35. I know that whatever I am going through, good, bad or ugly she will listen.
36. The pinto...listening to Thriller.
37. She was a stay at home mom through out our childhoods.
38. She has one prizes for her costumes (the picture above)
39. She is quick to forgive.
40. Passion fruit snow cones.
41. She is very generous.
42. She loves to read, Mary Higgins Clark is one of her favs, but she still won't read the Twilight series.
43. She hates spiders and heights.
44. She has 3 sisters and 1 brother.
45. In the 80's she was a tole artist, very talented.
46. She can make anything better than most people, except Funeral potatoes - Aunt Cec, Potato salad - Johnny and Fudge Jumbles - me.
47. She is famous for her Halloween dishes, most particular potty pudding.
48. When Levi and I were teens she would often wake up on Saturday morning to her entire family room filled with sleeping teenagers and I never heard her complain about it!
49. She has offered each of us kids $100 if we would give one our kids the middle name Pepsi.

We love you mom/nana! Thank you for all you do and I hope you had a great birthday!

1 comment:

starr266 said...

thank you soooooo much! That was so sweet! I did not know I was so AWESOME! Why did I not charge you more, for bring my kid! You guys a great!!