Monday, June 22, 2009

Digital Scrapbooking

My House is clean, fridge - clean, pantry-clean, laundry - done, yard - fairly weed free, car - detailed, I even dusted! All the things I needed to catch up on are done. Leaving me at the now what stage.
I have always wanted to try my hand at digital scrapbooking. My sister in law, Lyndsy does it and is so good at it. On Friday, I decided to give it a try.
I don't have photoshop, which is what Lyndsy uses and that whole unemployed thing meant I can't buy it. But I found a cute website Scrapblog and created my first digital layout using their program.



Every year on the kids birthday I "interview" them and make a page with their answers to their current favorites. I have needed to do Taya's since her birthday. So here it is in digital format. It was pretty fun I must say. I then got it printed at Costco in 8x12 size. And have added it to her book!
I don't intend to give up the "old fashioned" way of scrapbooking, but I will definitely be adding more digitally made pages also!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Too cute. My sister does digital now and I have loaded all of my pics on my comptuer so I can give it a try on vacation. Hope my pages come out as cute as yours :)

The Umbergers said...

You know what you should do?! Come down here and clean my house now!! Ok you dont have to clean you can just come down here!! It would be fun! :)
I love the page btw.. I should start doing that.. I am not good at scrapebooking at all!

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

love it! i hope you stick with the digi scrapping. i love it even though i've never printed one single page ever! that is my goal though to get it going! i really like that idea of the interview on the birthday. i think i will copy you.

The Johnsons said...

teisha you should totally try the digi scrapbooking, you would be so good at it!!
Thanks Laura, we should get togther for a girls movie while you are childless.
Lyndsy I love the birthday interview. I have done it since Gunners 2nd birthday and it has evolved a little. But it is so funny to go back and look at how they have changed their answers and also how some have remaind the same from year to year.