Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The little things

So the house problem worked out so nicely. But in addition to this BIG thing, I have really noticed all the little things the Lord has helped me with in the last few days. There was my quick dash to the store on Saturday morning. I was in a huge hurry to get back home as we had people coming over. I needed to pick up some crushed pineapple and I was at Walmart, which I HATE, so of course I could not find it. The pineapple was for a cake that Gunner had been nagging me to make with him. In my haste to get home, I decided to forgo the pineapple, even though I would face Gunner's wrath. As I was checking out at one of those self checkouts, I look up and there is a can of crushed pineapple sitting on top of the register! I know this may not seem like a huge deal, but to help a stressed mother not disappoint a sweet child, it really was!

Another instance, every year we donate a gift that we would have bought for Shaylee. So this year I was donating for an 11 year old girl. I had not done it yet, but intended to Saturday, but all the Toys for Tots bins were gone. Then Teisha suprised us with a visit. She & Johnny had been in charge of the giving tree for their ward. She was telling my mom and I about this 11 year old girl, who had been given a lot of nice clothes and even a book, but no toy. WOW! Just what I was needing. So again not a huge deal, but to have this drop so simply into my lap.....It just dosen't feel like Christmas until I donate that gift.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh your post gives me chills up and down my arms and legs. it's so cool that you recognized the small ways the lord is blessing you.