Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Fun

I have been fairly neglectful of updating this blog and my craft blog, but the holidays really took me away...but it was well worth it, cause we had such a nice time!

It makes a world of difference working for the boss I have. Last year I worked through both holidays and could not take any extra time off. This year my boss gave me as much time as I could afford off. Which was not as much as I wanted, bills still have to be paid ya know?

Christmas Eve was so nice! This is the first year I have had Christmas Eve off and Cory was off too! So we took the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. I think at one point I turned to Cory and said put me out of my misery! But the kids loved it and the look on Tayas face with her sweet grin, made the torture of the lame movie okay. Then we went home and passed out neighbor gifts. We joined my family at sizzler for dinner,

which is our tradition not to make our poor mommy cook twice. When we got home we let the kids open there Christmas PJs then we watched A Christmas story.

Once the kids were in bed we had to wait forever! Taya did not go to sleep until well after 12.

I think the kids got what they were after! Gunner asked for a telescope and Santa must have known Cory and I are to stupid to figure out a basic telescope, cause he got a really nice computer guided one. Now if it would just warm up a bit so that he can use it!

Taya asked for a pink DS, which she got. But she seemed most excited about the a hamster cage connect tunnel that she got. And loves the ZU ZU pet that she got a few days later.

Gavin also asked for a DSI. He loves playing with all the neighbor kids online with it. He was excited by all the beef jerky that he got too!

Cory spoiled me!! He bought a really pretty heart pendant the kids picked out for me. It is done with a several colors of stones so it looks like a rainbow. Love it! and he got me a new skillet, I have needed a new one for a while now!






New years Eve was fun too! We used the gift my parents got us, a gift certificate to Outback. We went with our friends, Chad and Danelle and then hung out at our house playing games. Discovered a good one we had in the closet, sequence, if you have never played it, give it a try, it is so addicting!!

The next day Cory and Gavin went rabbit hunting with his brothers. Gunner, Taya and I went and saw the new Princess movie. It is really cute! Even Gunner seemed to enjoy it.

I hope everyone else had a nice holiday. Now in the words of Soul II Soul "Back to life Back to Realty!"

1 comment:

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

sounds like a good holiday season. ours was great too. Relaxing. now levi is back to work and we miss him. back to reality!