Saturday, October 24, 2009

Gone but Not Forgotten


Today our sweet little baby would have been 12. It is hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that we would have a 12 year old. October 24th is always a hard day for Cory and I. It always brings up the what ifs and if onlys. It is also on this day that I am most grateful for the knowledge we as an LDS family have of an eternal family. I know that I will get to see Shaylee again and I know that Cory and I will get the chance to raise her! Like it says on her headstone, "Born still to us, but alive to God".

Shaylee we love you! Happy Birthday angel!

1 comment:

nana rosie said...

Shaylee is forever imprinted into our hearts. For those of you who did not get a special glimps of her earthly self...I remember her light CURLY hair, her LONG fingers & long legs. But most I recall the first time I saw her baby brother Gavin, I had to gasp, because I saw Shay all over again. Shilo & COry are the bravest people I know.