Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Gunner!



Happy Birthday Gunner! Today my sweet little boy turns ten. I must say I am not cool with this whole getting older and becoming independent thing my kids are going through. Really meaning leaving there mommy!

Here is your list Gunner, of ten things that are great about you!

1. You healed our hearts after Shaylee died.
I have to add a sweet story here. I keep a picture of Shaylee on my dresser in my room. One day Gunner went in there to get something out of my room and his friend, Rachel, went in the room with him. She saw the picture and asked Gunner who it was. He told Her "That is my big sister Shaylee, she died." And Rachel says how sad that is. Gunner's response to her "It's okay, I came and healed every ones hearts and made them happy again." He said it so matter of factly, like it was common knowledge. I have told him this from the beginning and I am so grateful that he realizes it!
2. You are so smart!
3. You are a great big brother to Taya and Gavin.
4. I loved your snoppy dance when you were little.
5. Gunner loves tater tot casserole (Why I don't know) and usually picks it as his meal.
6. Gunner loves video games.
7. Gunner can run a computer better than me and has been able to since he was 3.
8. Gunner's favorite color is yellow.
9. He has a very sweet testimony of Heavenly Father and will make a great missionary.
10. Gunner is very curious. He has yet to grow out of the Why stage that toddlers go through. At times it is annoying, but I love the fact that he has a deep desire to soak up all the information he can!

Gunner, I love you! You are a sweet boy and I am so grateful to have you in my life!

2 comments:

The Umbergers said...

Ahhhh I remember the Snoopy dance! It was the best! I can't believe he is 10! Happy Birthday Gunner Bear!!

nana rosie said...

Remember Gunny's "marathon" in front of the cooler? Freaking CUTE!!
When Gunny was still tiny about 8-9 months old he would reconize the train signs & Mumble(his binky was in his mouth) Choo-choo, only it sounded like "humm-Humm!
He is forever healing our hearts.. what would this family be w/out our gunny bear?