Saturday, November 1, 2008

Too much Sugar!

So much has gone on this last week! I am so TIRED! Monday we had our annual pumpkin carving contest at my parent's house. I am sad to say my pumpkin did not win. Here's the picture


Can you believe it! I think it was rig, because Gunner, Gavin and Taya took 3rd. Okay, it might have looked better had I actually had time to carve it. But Cory and I ended up carving the kids. Gunner's pumpkin was so hard, it could only be carved with Cory's skill saw, Gavin lost interest after about 5 minutes, but still wanted his done and we would not let Taya use a knife. But I thought they turned out good.


Tayas is the top one, Gunners is on the right and Gavin's is on the left.

Levi and Starlee - the cheaters, won! (CHEATERS!) They tied for 1st.


This is Levi's. I don't have a picture of Star's cause hers was texted from St George.
I thought mom and Dads were AWESOME!

This is Dad's.


This is mom's. The hand and the eye were both carved from pumpkins.

I hope everyone does not think we are strange or weird, but even if you do, we had fun and that is all that matters!

So then Tuesday was Gavin's Birthday. Yup, my little man turned 7!! It was not much of a day, cause we knew we were going to go big Saturday for his party and out to eat. We also had Pack meeting. Gunner was suppose to get his Wolf, but they forgot it, so he will get it next month. We are the Wolf and Bear scout leaders. I thought nursery was a horrible calling, nah, this is the harder one! We have one boy that tries our patience!!! But our den did preform a skit, which turned out well.

Gavin's asthma started acting up really bad on wed and Thursday. He stayed home Thursday and was passed back and forth between Cory and my mom. Poor guy. He went and saw the doctor, who said his oxygen levels were fine, but he upped the dosage on his preventive meds, which are now making him throw up every night for the last 3 nights!

And then came Friday. The constant sugar high starting with Frosted Flakes for breakfast all the way to the one piece of candy before bed that I let them have. Cory and I helped at the school with parties. I went to Gunner and Cory to Gavin's. I also popped into Taya's class too. The Spanish teacher came dressed as Taya for Halloween. And Taya and Mrs Anderson matched in their snow white costumes. They have to dress within their curriculum, so something they are studying at school. Gunner's class just finished Treasure Island, so his Link costume doubled as a pirate. Gavin's class was classics story's so his captain Jack became a pirate from Treasure Island. And Taya's was fairy tales, so she was Snow White from Last year.

This was taken before school.

My MISfortune Teller costume.

Cory and I together. This was taken by Gunner, which was actually pretty cute! Cory is a rock star!

Okay, I am tired, so the remainder of the week will include such highlights as Trick or Treating, Gavin's Birthday party and dinner. So stay tuned for more to come!

5 comments:

The Umbergers said...

You and Cory are such nerds! I want to beat you both up for your lame costumes! Your kids looked cute though! I love that Taya is such a girl! My poor Gavy.. Man I miss your kids! Give em all kisses for me!

Scott and Athena said...

Too funny! I'm in Nursery and also the Asst. Cubmaster!!!!(Oh, and a VT Supervisor) Your comments made me laugh! Too funny! I'm glad you had a fun week!

Danelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danelle said...

sorry i cant type!!! cute costumes!!! your kids are adorable1 call us soon.

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

What a week!!! we had tons of fun at gavins party! thanks for inviting and taking care of bella!!!