Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys?!?



Not this time! Gunner is in 4th grade. Never had an complaints from any of his teachers. Never been in trouble for anything.

Gavin, however, oh Gavin! Gavin is in 1st grade. It took him half of the year in kindergarten to come out of his shell. After that there was no stopping him! He had been in 1st grade for only two weeks when he had a discipline note sent home saying he was disrupting the class and running in the halls. (I saved it and put it in his scrapbook..to someday prove to him he was a handful!) To be honest I have to feel some compassion and pity for his teacher.

So what happens when you take sweet, good, obedient Gunner and combine him with wild child, goofy, adorable Gavin and for fun lets throw in several bowls of wet, soggy cheerios? Combine all this with a handful of their friends and a big lunch room? That's right...Gavin and Gunner started a FOOD FIGHT!!! Were do they learn this?

Now let me elaborate on how I found this out. 8:00 PM: Me tucking Taya into bed:
"Mommy?"
"What?"
"Gunner and Gavin had to clean the whole lunch room today at breakfast?"
"That's nice, go to sleep."
"They had to clean up all the Cheerios"
"Oh?"
"Because they had a HUGE food fight!"
"They WHAT?, GUNNER, GAVIN"....

After a look in the back packs, I discover a note from Gunners teacher (conveniently located at the bottom of the back pack). Telling us about the food fight.

Bring on the punishment...Any effective suggestions?

2 comments:

The Umbergers said...

Oh my gosh! I am so glad those are your kids and not mine! Ha Ha what angels! I tell you what... make them come stay whith me for awhile and I will make them change all of Arbors poopy bums! Ha ha now that's a good punishment!

Michelle said...

That's hilarious. I would have a hard time not laughing. Punishment? Wow... I am not sure, I am just glad that I am not to that stage yet. Good Luck.