Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Day of School


I am free!! Wednesday was the first day of school. After much debate, Cory and I decided to keep them in the charter school, Freedom Academy the boys attended last year. Gunner went into 4th. Gavin went into 1st and Taya started full day Kindergarten. I admit, I was a wreck when Cory and I took them to school. It was hard to watch them walk away and think that they really were all so big! It was really hard to let Taya go, cause she is so tiny and sweet. I worry about her alot more than the other two. They did great. Gavin has several of his friends from last year and I feel bad for Mrs. Frey, his teacher, she has no idea what she has gotten herself into! Gunner has a cute teacher. She is a bit young, and I will not even attempt to spell her name, cause I will butcher it! Gunner calls her Miss Cilantro. Taya has the same teacher Gavin had last year, who is awesome! So I know she will do great!
A cute side story, the kids were visiting their Nana. Nana asked how the first day of school was. They were telling her all about it when Nana asked Taya if she was the smallest one in her class, with out even hesitating Gunner says; "she's not the smallest, but she sure is the cutest!" It reminded me of when she was born and he was staring in the NICU window at her, he turns to his Nana and says "Isn't she precious!"

2 comments:

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

they all look adorable! i have to admit that the uniforms look good.

Michelle said...

That is exciting to have them all in school. I would be a wreck too. Isn't that a Moms job?!!!