Monday, May 19, 2008

Getting Started

Okay, so I am taking a page from Lyndsy's book and trying this fancy new fangled thing you "youngsters" call a blog! If I make a blogging faux pas, forgive me, or better yet just stop reading this!

Story of the day: I woke up late this morning. In my rush to get going, I shook Gunner and Gavin awake. Now, normally, this is not that big of deal, but they did get a lot less sleep than they normally get this weekend. Gavy happily plopped into the bathroom, to start the daily ritual of getting the perfect faux hawk, that is just coll enough, but not over the top enough, to get him in trouble at school. I went back to my room to get ready. When I emerged 25 minutes later, Gavin was down stairs, all ready...Gunner was in bed, asleep, with the pillow and blanket over his head!! AHH! I was already running way late, so I pulled the blanket of him and told the little punk to get dressed! That was the last straw for Gunner! I have not seen him throw that type of a fit since he was in kindergarten! I was about to tell him to quite whining and get a move on, when it dawned on me, every once in a while you just need to play hooky and have a day where you indulge yourself! Which, for Gunner, the best way to indulge is to stay in your jammies and socks and do nothing but play video games and eat little snickers bars all day! So I told him that. You should have seen the look on his face! I am sure that was the last thing that he thought he would hear me say! But it worked. When I came home for work, the kid was totally calm and oh so happy! So I guess the lesson of the day is, its ok every once in awhile to take a break from everything and have some fun!

1 comment:

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

Shilo! I love love love the blog! So fun! Also, I am honored to be the first commenter on your site. I have found blogging to be kinda addicting. I saw somewhere that you can publish all your stuff into a cute little book, so I thought that might be a nice little family journal...maybe do it yearly. Anyway, I am new too but I have learned a couple cool things you can do...I'll show ya sometime!

Lyndsy