Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Being sick?

Okay if I don't post this now, while the kids aren't looking, I might not get a chance! Today has been rather hectic.

Story of the day: Taya had a dentist appointment this morning. Because she is so young and there was lots of work to do (a root canal and 2 caps) they decided to it under sedation. So she was not allowed to eat and drink after midnight. No one wants to get between Taya and her cereal. It's just a bad idea. I told her last night she was not going to get any cereal in the morning, just to kind of prepare her, hoping it might be a little easier in the morning. Not so much! She wanted dentist first thing, just like always. So after refusing her, repeatedly, she sat on the couch and pouted. Gunner woke up with a stomache bug, my punishment for letting him stay home yesterday. Now, Gunner sick, is not like a normal kid sick, if you ask Gunner it is 100 times worse then anyone elses illnesses. The kid is a drama king! So now I have Taya pouting and Gunner sicker than a dog. This makes Gavin feel, left out? So he says he has tummy ache. Can I say frustration! I tell Gavin, go to school, if you are still sick in an hour call me I will come get you. He wasn't happy, but school is almost out and I have not heard from him. But he says I'm the meansest mom. So back to Taya at 8:30 I have to give her a Vallium. Not fun, forcing that bitter pill into a cereal deprived little girl. But then she was fine...and so giggly. Everything was so funny. But that was nothing compared to the shot that they gave her once they got there. She cried and then all the sudden...asleep. Which is where she is now. But her teeth look so much better. I even got Gunner to take a nap. So this is what peace and quite feels like. I'll post a picture of the new teeth as soon as she dosen't look like a drugged princess. Have a happy day!

No comments: